**Candidates are highly encouraged to officially apply through the company’s application system at:
About the Comptroller’s Office
Innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence best describes the culture here at the Comptroller’s Office. We take pride in the work we do serving as Texas’ accountant, tax collector, treasurer, and much more!
Our agency workforce is as diverse as the people of Texas we serve. We value our employees and take very seriously our collective commitment to public service. Personal development opportunities are strongly encouraged through available workshops, teambuilding exercises, and on the job training. We offer flexible scheduling that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
If you are seeking to gain knowledge, build your career, and network among goal-oriented professionals, this is the place for you!
Performs highly advanced (senior-level) computer systems analysis work. Work involves overseeing the planning and analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing Texas Treasury Safekeeping Trust Company systems. Work includes analyzing system functionality to identify and resolve problems; reviewing business requirements to ensure software conforms to requirement specifications and standards; preparing and conducting system testing to validate system is working as desired; evaluating software release notes and other data to determine, plan and coordinate software upgrades; coordinating activities across business units and technical resources; and serving as a liaison between TTSTC and external organizations in support of applications/systems. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
In this role you will:
• Coordinate with system users and software developers to identify and analyze system requirements, develop functional design specifications, create user stories and test cases to meet requirements, and solve complex operational problems.
• Evaluate software release notes and other data to determine, plan, and coordinate software upgrades. Evaluate new software modules to determine suitability for organizational use. Use waterfall and agile software development methodologies as appropriate.
• Coordinate and/or test and diagnose financial accounting, general ledger, and investment performance systems to ensure requirements are met. Verify the software conforms to specifications and all standards are met. Create test plans and coordinate execution with appropriate resources. Document bugs identified. Record test results and produces other system documentation as appropriate. Facilitate user acceptance testing. Work with developers to ensure adequate automated test coverage.
• Serve as a back-up to the Senior Systems Analyst. Participate in the prioritization and tracking of system change requests. Serve as a liaison between business units and technical resources. Serve as a liaison between TTSTC and SimCorp, facilitating system change requests and application support.
• Evaluate third party tools to determine suitability for usage in the organization. Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Six (6) years of experience as an analyst/tester in the software development or finance industries with extensive experience composing business/software requirements, test plans, writing test scripts, executing tests, or testing configurations.
• Two (2) years’ experience working with software development management tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems.
• Master’s degree in Accounting.
• Six (6) years of experience in general ledger accounting, investment accounting, or financial reporting.
• Experience working with investment banking, cash management, treasury and/or trust operations.
• Experience in creating/executing queries in Structured Query Language (SQL)Experience with audits.
• Experience using Agile methodology.
• Experience working with Jira or Target Process software development management software.
• Experience working with Target Foundation Server or other source control management tools.
Education requirement may be substituted with up to four (4) years of related experience.
Preferred License / Certifications :
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)