View job on Handshake
** Minimum salary is listed. Actual salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.** (REVISED)
The Application Programming Systems Analyst works with the application programming team to build, maintain and improve LBB applications. This position will be primarily responsible for design, implementation, testing, deployment, documentation of web based and desktop applications and must be an effective communicator. In addition to primary application development duties, this position will contribute to the development and maintenance of Microsoft Office based applications.
This position reports to the Application Programming Manager and operates under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgement.
- Application design and implementation using Microsoft Access.
- Ability to create and edit reports using Crystal Reports.
- Ability to create complex queries using SQL (SQL Server).
- Ability to create Excel and Word macros and design complex spreadsheets.
- Interact with clients to determine automation requirements.
Essential Attributes and Skills
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server, Crystal Reports, MS Access/Excel/Word.
- Think critically and use good initiative and good judgment.
- Communicate professionally and effectively in writing and in formal presentations.
- Create timely, relevant, accurate, and polished work products.
- Attentive to detail and complete tasks with an appropriate level of independence.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Manage concurrent projects to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Be punctual and have regular attendance.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Human Resources will not be able to retrieve your credentials or reset your password. Only on-line applications will be accepted via NeoGov.
Examples of an applicant’s work product and/or copies of transcripts may be required as condition of interview. Finalist may be given a work-related exercise. The person hired may be required to submit official transcripts. Credentials earned at foreign colleges and/or universities must have been evaluated by an acceptable entity and must be equivalent to credentials awarded by U.S. regionally accredited institutions of higher education.
The person hired may not simultaneously be employed by the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) and another state agency or Texas public institution of public/higher education. Any job offer from the LBB is contingent upon proof of eligibility/authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis and proof of compliance with the Selective Service Law for males between the ages of 18 and 25.
LBB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment or in the provision of services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Applicants should communicate requests for disability-related accommodations during the application process to LBB Human Resources at HR@LBB.state.tx.us