View job on Handshake
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns and megacities. And we live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
As a Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) Supply Management Specialist for John Deere located in Dubuque, Iowa, you will support multi- functional procurement teams responsible for commodity management activities in Quality, Delivery and Cost. In addition, you will:
- Develop and support ongoing relationships with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve quality and delivery performance; lead efforts to address and improve chronic supplier performance issues
- Support the factory shared goals of on- time service delivery, material availability and asset management
- Develop and monitor supplier and part inventory plans to mitigate supplier risk while maintaining goal- level assets; support negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers as necessary
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of Supply Management experience
- 2 or more years of experience with SAP
- 2 or more years of experience in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent people, communication and relationship management skills
- Experience analyzing information to make sound business decisions
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Project Management experience
- Experience participating in a cross- functional team
- Planning or Logistics experience
- Inventory Management experience
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Management, Business/Management, Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Accounting/Finance disciplines
If you are moving to an area where housing and general expenses are significantly more expensive than at your departure location, the Company may provide a transitional benefit to help offset these costs for a specified period of time as a part of the relocation package. The Company will notify employees of their eligibility for this benefit based on a calculation provided by Runzheimer International. The calculation is based on a comprehensive assessment of all living cost variables and specific individual characteristics.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.