Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several Supply Chain Operations Analysts to manage global inventory and supply chain processes for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). Responsibilities span the lifecycle of naval nuclear components, from requirements determination through disposal. Analysts will interface with component engineers, procurement professionals, Navy inventory managers, and Naval Reactors representatives.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization and a Prime Contractor for the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers for the US Navy. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
- Manage inventory using the NNPP Enterprise database application and procedures to outfit applicable inventory locations and fleet assets (aircraft carriers, submarines, fleet tenders) in support of planned fleet needs, ensuring availability by key milestone dates.
- Manage fleet equipment configuration in conjunction with equipment owners to provide accurate technical information to NNPP users.
- Determine and recommend the type, quantity, and location of NNPP support items necessary to operate and maintain installed and spare equipment throughout the equipment lifecycle (provisioning). Analyze needs for replenishment of commodity (high volume), and technically complex high value inventory and coordinate fulfillment actions among stakeholders.
- Manage on-order quantities and conduct shipping operations to ensure NNPP needs are met.
- Develop and recommend process improvements, functionality changes, and upgrades to the NNPP Enterprise database to resolve problems and incorporate improved or advanced inventory algorithms.
- Identify and implement Department of Defense, Navy, and Naval Supply System inventory requirements, processes, and procedures to ensure compliance and inventory auditability.
- Lead and conduct various required audits of Government Property to ensure custodians are using and managing assets and equipment in accordance with government appropriations.
- Conduct operations to meet or exceed department, company, and NNPP Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Assess and resolve issues that impact KPI goals. Identify and implement new or improved metrics and KPIs that improve business operations.
- Conduct data analytics to identify and implement methods to improve data integrity and business intelligence.
- Maintain awareness of industry processes, practices, and technologies to support or lead current and future initiatives to advance NNPP inventory management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management (SCM), Interdisciplinary studies (combination of SCM, Engineering, Business, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Mathematics) or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 overall is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Proven work experience in SCM and skills identified above preferred for mid-level candidates
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teaming skills working with all levels of management, engineers, procurement professionals, supply chain professionals, onsite and remote Navy personnel
- Desire to improve, revise, and change logistics management processes for greater business performance
- Strong information system understanding and adept at using MS Office Suite of products, particularly MS Excel and MS Power Business Intelligence (BI)
Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training