Supply Chain Intern *Multiple locations**
About Avery Dennison
What we are looking for
We are seeking innovators, collaborators, and problem solvers. Our interns do not shy away from a challenge, and are looking for a chance to create a real impact with our company. Avery Dennison’s Internship Program has a single business focus to cultivate future talent for our rapidly growing organization. With a concentrated blend of experiential on-the-job learning, a dynamic environment, access to business leaders, and an encouraging team of co-workers, peers, and supervisors, the Internship Program will provide you the opportunity to sharpen your skills and collaborate on a number of strategic projects.
We’re seeking a Supply Chain Intern to join our business in North America during the summer of 2022. You will be responsible for completing an assignment focused on process improvement initiatives and collaborating with the plant and divisional leadership teams in one of our state of the art facilities. After a successful summer, a Supply Chain Intern will get hands on experience in their field of study. Our summer internship program serves as a talent pipeline for our Early Careers Program in Supply Chain and throughout the organization.
We are considering individuals who are excited about working in any of the following states for their summer internship and possibly post college graduation: OH, IN, PA, and GA.
What you will be doing
- Identify and support implementation of cost reduction, network optimization, and process improvement opportunities
- Build project plans and manage and/or support projects to completion
- Perform data collection, spreadsheet creation, and data analysis
- Assist/support Supply Chain department daily
- Support supply and demand planning initiatives
- Support cross-functional teams with special projects as required
What sets us apart
Avery Dennison’s Summer Internship Program is unlike any other with its emphasis on networking, community and support. From Day 1, networking is encouraged, promoted and expected within the program. As you are on-boarded with other summer interns and Early Careers Program associates from various tracks, you quickly develop a community of individuals all committed to make sure you have what it takes to succeed.
A core component of the curriculum is the peer mentoring program. Paired with an Early Careers Associate or program graduate within the organization, the program focuses on the transition from college to corporate, leveraging strengths and defining your early career path.
In addition as an organization that values diversity and inclusion, we welcome our Summer Interns to take an active role in our Employee Resource Groups(ERG’s). ERG’s are a group of employees that help advance and promote diversity, cultural awareness and an inclusive work environment. Some of our ERG’s are Black Employee Resource Group (BERG), Elevate(Women’s Leadership Development), NEO Chinese Association, Unite(LGBT+), Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG) and Voz Latina.
Internships at Avery Dennison are paid and relocation assistance is available to those that qualify.
What you will need to bring to the program
Avery Dennison has a long history of being an industry leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Systems Engineering, or related field required
- Previous internship/co-op experience or relevant work experience
- Experience via student organizations such as, Supply Chain Management Association, Society of Women Engineers, National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers etc.
- Volunteerism or similar activities
- Ability to travel 10 – 20 percent of the time
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accomodation Notice
If you require accomodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440-534-6080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reasonable options.