A day in the life of our Procurement Specialist:
The focus of this role includes the functions of materials (identification, procurement, and pricing), project management and facilitating new projects, managing ongoing supplier relationships, and ensuring the timely efficient operational receipt and quality of materials.
- Conduct competitive pricing analyses to understand the market and industry conditions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to aid decision making processes
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Create and maintain reports pertaining to procurement, product usage, and pricing
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluation and assessment of results
- Implement updates and adjustments to internal technology and systems
- Make effective use of technology to achieve results
- Execute product orders on an as-needed basis
What you’ll need to have:
- This individual likely has 1+ years of overall business experience and is familiar with concepts related to vendor management, supply chain, or procurement functions within a Services-Based environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required
- Negotiation, vendor, or construction experience is a plus
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Technology Management: Makes effective use of technology to achieve results.
- Ability to identify problems and develop intuitive solutions
- The ability to perform within timelines and other constraints
- The ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data-sets even when data is limited
- Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality service; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Just a few other things you should know:
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday; however, occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
We will be reviewing resumes on a rolling basis and contact qualified applicants until the job is filled through May. There are two open positions for this department