Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling and recycling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world’s flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis North America Supply Chain Excellence (NNA SCE) is looking for a Supply Chain Planning Analyst/Engineer to join the Regional Supply Chain Excellence Team. The incumbent will apply analytical methods, working knowledge of supply chain principles, advanced modeling techniques, change management, and communication tools in order to yield the highest productivity and efficiency gains in the scope of the Supply Chain, and drive a “problem solving/continuous improvement” culture in alignment with Novelis World Class Manufacturing initiatives and the Focused 5 Scorecard
Key Focus Area – Operational Excellence:
- Develop innovative ways to utilize data and metrics in planning and scheduling in order to optimize the flow of metal through NNA facilities
- Provide sound business case for NNA Supply Chain to effectively deliver the Focused 5
- Responsible for supply chain process improvement initiatives being understood, communicated, executed, measured, and sustained
- Utilize mathematical, statistical and financial methods to develop end-to-end supply chain solutions to improve service, increase throughput, and decrease cost
- Implement proven supply chain, demand, and inventory management principles into work streams
- Work with the Novelis Digital CoE to develop and support optimization models and baselines for manufacturing capacity, inventory, and inbound/outbound transportation
- Responsible for identifying improvements in the supply chain planning and logistic processes, defining optimal inventory strategy and transportation routes, etc.
Key Focus Area – Digital Technology
- Develop and implements advanced analytics solutions
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of business strategies
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize the supply chain processes
- Work with the Novelis Digital CoE to develop and automate custom data models, reporting, dashboards and algorithms to apply to available data sets, test it and then deploy
- Develop insights from business data which is relevant for building business analytic systems
- Working knowledge of different sources of database and build logical metadata relation.
- Assist with software development to integrate optimization and algorithmic solutions
Key Focus Area – People & Collaboration:
- Manage decision support software and tools and trains users in methodology and deployment and recommends constraints and parameter changes to develop requisites for modelling
- Work with internal and external resources to ensure supply plan and schedule optimizes manufacturing
- Provide training and documentation as needed for all process and design changes
- Proven track record for accuracy and excellent interpersonal communication skills that contributed to effective teamwork
- Compiles outputs and creates presentation quality material to easily explain and summarize findings
- Collaborate and communicate best practices within the supply chain functional areas (demand management, S&OP, logistics, planning, and scheduling)
- Utilize Continuous Improvement, Data Scientists, Process Engineers, and other subject matter experts to continue professional development and gain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Analytics or related field is preferred
- Experience in problem solving and developing models in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in aluminum rolling or scrap manufacturing and/or recycling is strongly preferred
- Desire to take initiative and develop a dedicated relationship with internal customers
- Strong understanding of statistics, relational database design and query tools, Data Lake & Data mining concepts.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python
- Superior analytical and PC skills, including sophisticated ability in Power BI and Excel
- Strong digital literacy with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office products and working with ERP and Inventory Management systems like SAP, APO, O9.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, perform work accurately and independently
- Agile and adaptable to work in a complex environment