View job on Handshake
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our firm’s NYC headquarters and help us take on exciting new projects. We strive for consummate professionals who have high levels of academic and professional achievement, great communication skills, a keen analytical mindset and an interest in a consulting career. Fascination with the supply chain/logistics is a plus while a hard-working, positive and eager-to-learn mentality is a must.
Typical Job Responsibilities Include:
The main focus will be on providing analytical support to clients and internal project teams, with a focus on supply chain planning. Typical responsibilities will include;
- Cleansing raw data sets from client ERP systems.
- Analyzing, synthesizing, finding patterns and drawing conclusions from the data sets to develop summaries, business profiles and find actionable insights.
- Utilize supply chain planning software and analysis to support projects.
- Support the implementation of supply chain planning tools and software (e.g., capturing and analyzing customer planning requirements, working collaboratively to design supply chain solutions, solution configuration and testing)
Other roles/responsibilities may include:
- Developing warehouse models to determine labor requirements.
- Assisting in the development of distribution network models that evaluate cost, service and flexibility by determining the optimal warehouse location(s), quantity of warehouses, inventory levels and transportation strategies.
- Developing business cases.
- Lead and participate in meetings with current and potential clients.
- Mapping current-state supply chain or warehouse processes, creating improved processes, implementing the changes and quantifying savings.
- Conducting Supply Chain Best Practice audits of our client’s supply chains.
- Conduct research and stay up-to-date on the latest trends and innovations in the supply chain and material handling world and working with third party vendors/providers.
The Candidate We’re Looking for:
- Is a graduate of a top university with a degree in engineering or another technical discipline and has 1-3 years of experience in a relevant industry or consulting role.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Has experience with SQL and visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI.
- Has experience working with WMS/ERP systems and/or supply chain optimization software.
- Has impressive communication skills and is comfortable presenting to high-ranking members of the client team about logical, unbiased, highly-analytical findings and recommendations.
- Has a positive, can-do attitude, the ability to work independently and without direction and is eager to learn new things and be exposed to different industries.
- Is comfortable with 25-50% travel, depending on the project requirements, and wants to live and work in the New York City area.
- Feels at home both in distribution centers and in corporate office buildings.