As a Supply Chain Planner this partner will assume various responsibilities which could include demand planning, item transitions and discontinuations, raw material replenishment and production planning. This includes managing the following: demand requirements via market intelligence, product lifecycle management, raw material requirements via purchase order generation, trade-offs between inventory, production efficiencies and freight. These processes will require cross functional work through the supply chain. Developing and maintaining a good relationship with Plant, Sales, Suppliers, and Customer Service partners is essential.
Schreiber is filling a Planner position within Finished Goods and Raw Materials.
What you’ll do:
Supply Chain Planning – Finished Goods
- Manages the planning of finished goods inventory by the use of JDA, Diver model, Oracle, access databases, excel spreadsheet and/or gantt chart facilities.
- Execute appropriate finished goods planning to generate world class customer service by:
- Build and deploy daily interplant trucks using JDA to optimize load weight and cube space
- Supports the automated Order Promising System
- Leads volume transfer and production line loading processes
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities via the use of enterprise tools
- Maintains finished good production, replenishment, and sourcing information in the Oracle and JDA systems
- Responsible for short and long term capacity planning
- Represents replenishment in cross-functional activities
- Develop and document process improvements
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
Supply Chain Planner- Raw Materials
- Execute appropriate raw material replenishment processes to generate purchase orders to ensure timely and accurate receipt of materials.
- Work cross functionally to improve and sustain the accuracy of quantity and timing of material requirements planning information (MRP) to minimize the working capital investment and obsolete write off in raw material inventory.
- Drive system improvements to reduce the transactional time in the order/inventory management processes for raw material replenishment.
- Manage the internal and external relationships to assure a smooth flow of raw materials and communication.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Operations, Customer Service, Finance and Supply Chain Management
- Ability to identify and resolve issues/opportunities
- Must have a proven track record of demonstrating technically based analysis skills, including excel and access
- Must have strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and team player
- Effective planning and organization/work management skills
- Strong system aptitude including JDA, excel, Diver, access and Oracle
- Ability to understand the data structure and information flows of our execution, planning and analysis systems
- Ability to lead cross-functional team
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program