View job on Handshake
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer internship? At PetSmart, we are committed to developing future business leaders. Join our Supply Chain team this summer as an Outbound Transportation Planner Intern and thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
About the Job
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Experience the Supply Chain function of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand as you take a deep dive into the supply chain service center, all while developing the skills to become a successful Supply Chain Planner
- Monitoring the Operation from a cost, service, and capacity perspective
- Use data to analyze and identify positive and negative trends in cost and service and provide feedback to Carriers, Stores, and Supply Chain partners
- Uses modeling and analysis to improve the overall transportation network
- Find disruptions in the supply chain, build carrier relationships, and find cost savings through network optimization
- Leave your “paw” print with a project designed to make a true impact on the business
- Present your recommendations and innovative ideas to PetSmart leaders
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Junior status (Dec 2022 or May 2023 graduation)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain
- Interest in supply chain with a focus on transportation
- Natural curiosity and drive to move the business forward
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication at all levels
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
About the Culture
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 10 week paid summer internship
- Develop and grow your skills with the support of a caring manager and dedicated mentor
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers*
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options*
- Make a difference! Volunteer with your fellow interns during the annual “PetSmart Interns Give Back” day
*Please note: On-Campus Amenities are currently limited and/or closed due to Covid-19.