View job on Handshake
About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry produces over 200 billion tons of tailings, a waste that comes from global mining operations. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to eliminate this environmentally harmful waste from the environment while sustainably extracting valuable materials.
What started as an ambitious project to demonstrate the ability to clean up mine tailings, from the garage of our MIT graduates, Phoenix Tailings is now a fast-growing startup that is modernizing the mining industry with its sustainable extraction technology. Phoenix has demonstrated its technology to work at the lab scale and is heading into early pilot stages. We are eager and looking to accelerate this growth by bringing on talented and hard-working people with an ambition to change the world.
Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUqZr2wKX4
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
Our Values: Ask us about them!
- You are only crazy if you are wrong
- It’s ok to be wrong
- Lead with Compassion
- Be Resourceful
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a rockstar co-op to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Supply Chain MBA Co-op will be a critical member supporting every aspect of the business. They will have a fully immersive experience about what it is like to build a startup from the ground up, with a key emphasis on building supply chains and supporting the scale-up of deep technology.
Even though this role reports to the COO, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Design supply chain processes to for consistent and timely delivery
- Build budgets to deliver on project targets
- Collaborate with engineers to identify appropriate equipment and materials for R&D applications
- Source and procure equipment within project budgets
- Negotiate, build and manage relationships with strategic vendors
- Develop and execute on project plans to ensure minimal downtime
- Manage key projects and engage stakeholders to ensure success
- Assist operations team with other ad-hoc tasks as required
What you have:
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities to increase business efficiency
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Excited about new learning opportunities and resolving challenges that come up
- Dedication and perseverance to see tasks through to completion
- Pursuing an MBA
- Undergraduate degree in STEM
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, exciting, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).