What you can expect from H.B. Fuller’s Internship Program:
You’ll be joining a cohort of talented students from a variety of schools across the U.S. We hire interns into the following positions: Process Engineering, R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Technical Sales, Supply Chain, Product Marketing, Information Technology, and more.
The projects we task our interns to lead are impactful and meaningful to our organization. You’ll be supported by your Manager and Mentor to gain in-depth knowledge of the adhesive industry and collaborate with various departments and functions. We also offer an established path for next-level opportunities – making this internship the starting point for a long-term career path.
Internship Location: South Bend, IN
Our Internship Experience includes:
- 12-week paid program beginning the end of May to mid-August to gain insight and knowledge in your field.
- Interactive orientation and events with skilled professionals in your field, including managers, directors, and CEO.
- Multiple networking, volunteer and fun events – both virtual and in-person.
- Impactful projects that make a difference internally and externally for H.B. Fuller.
- End of summer final presentation to showcase your career development with support from managers and peers.
Large chemical processing plant located in South Bend, IN with plenty of opportunities for anyone interested in state-of-the-art continuous improvement methodologies such as, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and supply chain management. Provide Manufacturing and Supply Chain with a mix of strategic plans and tactical short-term actions to drive and sustain continuous operational improvements.
- Analyze and Improve operational processes.
- Implement point of use Kanban cards for consumables within the process.
- Utilize statistical tools such as Minitab to analyze and Improve front-line decisions regarding transportation, warehousing, and scheduling.
- Forecasting demand and smooth scheduling
- Work to create operational standard work, leveraging this to improve business performance.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality, Scheduling and Maintenance functions to drill down to true root cause, and then create robust solutions to existing inefficiencies.
- Define manufacturing practices focused on producing products with improved consistency.
- Assist in capital and facility planning activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide time studies, value stream mapping, current state vs. future state assessments, structured problem solving and other CI related actions.
- Minimum rising junior or senior in: Supply Chain Management
- Chemical processing and packaging including solvent based adhesives