SUPPLY CHAIN + LOGISTICS MANAGER
JOIN A HIGH-POTENTIAL COMPANY IN THE ALT. PROTEIN SPACE
Grounded Foods Co. is a women-owned, venture-backed company that’s using hemp and a patented fermentation process to create tasty AF dairy alternatives. Our mission is to make high-quality, nutrient-dense plant-based cheese more accessible and affordable to everyday consumers.
We’re seeking a Supply Chain + Logistics Manager to lead all aspects of the supply chain including team management, procurement, inventory management, logistics, warehousing, and distribution. This position will be primarily located at our office in Los Angeles, with the flexibility to work remotely where possible.
- Lead all aspects of Supply Chain including team management, procurement, inventory management, logistics, warehousing, and distribution
- Monitors inventory levels warehouses to ensure proper rotation, high service levels and no OOS, and maximize working capital while meeting budget targets
- Key leader in the S&OP process to ensure each business function is aligned to balance supply and demand
- Drive cross-functional KPI’s, working closely with the Sales and Finance teams
- Work closely with the CPO and Finance to continuously optimize COGS
- Set supplier objectives and measures, targeting lead time and cost reductions, while ensuring product and service quality as well as timely arrival of orders
- Define, implement, revise, and streamline Supply Chain policies & guidelines for the organization
- Define, plan, and maintain finished goods inventories within target levels to support sales forecasts
- Lead opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings
- Strategic and tactical planning of various projects
- Manage 3PL KPI’s as well as quarterly business reviews with 3PL’s and freight brokers
- Support proper utilization of ERP System (currently DEAR)
- Maintain ERP system for operations and supply chain needs. Order entry and processing, purchase orders, inventory management and movements, vendors, and internal locations
- Work closely with the CPO on Co-manufacturer management. Production scheduling, relationship management and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations and Supply Chain, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Ability to use Slack, Trello and Google/G Drive for all internal communications.
- Self-starter, driven, ability to work independently and collaborate across multiple departments.
- Food/beverage experience required.
- CIA-level attention to detail. You do not need to have worked for the CIA but we are very serious about the attention to detail thing.
- Experience overseeing co-manufacturers and 3PL facilities.
- Experience in, or a deep understanding of, startup environments.
- Proven track record of developing strong working partnerships with fulfillment houses, particularly in the areas of cost reductions and overall supply chain efficiency improvement.
- Instinct to identify problems and provide solutions before the company founders even notice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Obviously…because there’s a lot of negotiating happening in this role.
- Experience in creating and managing KPI’s.
- Health, dental and optical benefits.
- Flexible working environment.
- Total disregard for tradition. We’re about success, not old-school rules.
- Help us to make healthier, sustainable food that’s part of the solution (while simultaneously displacing animals from the supply chain).
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Employees are required to be fully vaccinated if their role involves travel or face-to-face meetings. Masks are required when representing the brand in public.