View job on Handshake
Saint-Gobain Specialty Grains & Powders is looking for a Logistics Intern this summer based out of our Worcester, MA office. This supply chain internship with Saint-Gobain provides professional development opportunities and valuable applied learning within a large manufacturing company. Under the direction of the Transportation Manager, this individual will be focused on reviewing inbound deliveries, collaboration with brokers and logistics providers, monitoring shipment pick-ups & deliveries to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments and avoid/minimize storage fees. Communication between operations and procurement is a must to promote a healthy and efficient supply chain and the intern will work in conjunction with a wide variety of team members and outside vendors.
Strict adherence to corporate standards for ethical conduct (Purchasing Charter, ADHERE, Comply) is required. Commitment and support of Saint-Gobain’s Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives (Supplier Charter, CO2 emissions, etc.) and management of suppliers to ensure same is a must. Ensure compliance to Company, State and Federal Requirements.
This is an opportunity for an intern to get exposure to various aspects that they have learned in the classroom with the real-life experiences of activities at Saint-Gobain, which has a worldwide presence.
This position requires an understanding & utilization of the principles and theories of the discipline and their application that might normally be acquired through a pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in a supply chain or related field.
· Coordinating transportation providers to ensure prompt & proper movement of shipments. Create a system for planning & tracking shipments and communicating potential delays. Managing the transfer of paperwork between brokers and drayage suppliers. Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and account coding for accurate cost allocation. Making special shipping arrangements as necessary.
· Identifying traffic problems and/or issues creating appropriate corrective action plans to achieve desirable on-time. Developing freight cost related reporting for analysis and identification of opportunities for improvements and calculating inflation.
· Monitor and help to enforce the use of preferred providers and meeting internal control requirements. Support any transitions to new providers and help to coordinate all relevant communication between providers and sites to facilitate smooth implementations.
· High school Diploma or equivalent required
· Student in good academic standing
· Must be junior-level undergraduate or graduate student, or equivalent experience
· Must have ability to work June through August (or beyond), full-time preferred but part-time may be considered
· Must possess the ability to work safely and effectively within a manufacturing environment
· Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
· Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills
· Ability to be proactive and display self-initiative
· Inbound Inco terms and documentation requirements knowledge (Commercial invoices, Certificate of Origin, Bills of Lading & pack lists) is preferred
· Previous supply chain/logistics experience is a plus