View job on Handshake
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators…but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now, instead we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
JOB SUMMARY: The Supply Chain Leadership Development Program is a rewarding three-year program consisting of three fast paced 12-month assignments. This highly selective program will give participants the opportunity to learn about Strategic Planning, Project Management Principles, Operational Excellence, Supplier Systems, Manufacturing Operations and will provide a wide variety of leadership development opportunities. Participants can start in any of the three rotations based on business needs. The development assignments are:
Development Assignment 1: SCLDP – Buyer II
In this role, participants will partner strategically with a dynamic team supply chain processes with the overall corporate strategy and work with suppliers. Planning and forecasting material shipments will be critical to this role to minimize waste and focus on JIT strategies.
Development Assignment 2: SCLDP – Planner II
In this role, participants will develop skills to use supply chain tools to schedule project management programs to support the manufacturing operations. Responsibilities include monitoring inventories, forecasting production & sales levels, and tracking response time for deliver performance.
Development Assignment 3: SCLDP – Lean Manufacturing Materials Process Analyst
In this role, participants will be responsible for all required materials and to partner with the manufacturing leadership team to ensure all parts are ordered, received and released in time to support uninterrupted support for production. This position ensures that materials orders are being processed correctly. This position requires working with advance computer software in a fast-paced environment. Any material shortages must be escalated to avoid production interruptions.
Key positions will be: Buyer II, Planner II and Materials Process Analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individuals will support and execute various supply chain activities in Lean Manufacturing and Material Flow in the plants.
- Act as a point of contact for operations to address parts shortages and critical inventory issues is key to this role.
- Participants will learn the manufacturing operations and how lean manufacturing and supply chain operations work together.
- Partnering with the manufacturing operations team, the participant will be involved in the manufacturing process as well as ensuring there is a plan for every part.
- Support the direction and strategies of the leadership team regarding supplier demand forecasting, supplier capacity planning, supply base inventory management, replenishment and procurement transactions.
- Use tools to develop and schedule project management activities to support the manufacturing operations. Responsible for managing and monitoring inventories, forecasting production and sales levels, and tracking response time and delivery performance.
- Ability to work with vendors and suppliers to set acceptable price points and build positive business relationships. Plan and maintain optimal level of inventory using Plan for Every Part (PFEP).
- Support the plants to manage On Time Deliver (OTD) performance, maintain system integrity and measure performance on related key indicators. (Past due purchase orders, open POs and non-conforming material cycle time and supplier invoice resolution.)
- Execute standard purchasing processes and strategies including procure-to-pay optimization. Incumbents have the authority to purchase at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, delivery and other raw materials. This role will also manage supplies for the manufacturing operations.
- Ability to travel around to various manufacturing plants and communicate with both manufacturing teams, suppliers, vendors and the supply chain leadership team about best practices is critical.
- Recommend cost savings proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing, step pricing for volume discounts and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Ability to relocate to Generac locations during and upon completion of the program.
- Preferred majors include Supply Chain Management, Operations/Logistics Management, Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing), Purchasing or General Business Management
- Strong leadership qualities and academic record
- Evidence of Business Acumen
- The desire and motivation to be successful
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Value diversity and appreciation of different cultures and a global perspective
- Completed at least one internship or co-op program in manufacturing, supply chain management, or related business experience
- Accountability – Demonstrated skill in written communications and presentations skills.
- Analyze the manufacturing operations and make recommendations with respect to the supply chain
- Apply sales and operations planning, MRP and lean manufacturing concepts
- Apply logistics and purchasing concepts to improve supply chain operations
- Apply quality management tools for process improvement
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Conflict Management – Demonstrated skill in process management, managing through systems, Lean – Reengineering and dealing with difficult people.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to travel to various plants, walk for 30 minutes at time and be able to stand for 4 hours