View job on Handshake
A PPL Intern/Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience. Joining PPL as an intern/cooperative associate provides you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities along with:
- Meeting senior executives,
- Becoming members of business resource groups,
- Participating in community service projects, and
- Contributing to departmental goals.
The intern will provide support to Supply Chain staff. The Supply Chain intern will be given a thorough overview of the process for purchasing goods and services, warehouse processes, inventory management, and data analytics related to Supply Chain. The intern will also become familiar with the PPL Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or masters degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Law, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field of study. Technical/Trade school and paralegal requirements differ.
- Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as an Intern/Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
- Have an acceptable overall (cumulative) grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- Eligible to work in accordance with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations.
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
The intern will assist Sr. Category and Category Managers in primarily executing tactical functions such as:
- Support to the Supply Chain staff in preparation of sourcing plans and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Acting as a liaison between the business units and Supply Chain, and assisting with the requisition process.
- Inputting data and documents into the Infor system and other Supply Chain systems.
- Keeps track of contract formation or purchase-related tasks like working with legal and insurance for signatures.
- Support the preparation of bid documentation of Supply Chain processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, RFIs, RFPs, RFI’s, and proposal evaluation.
- Corresponding with vendors, obtaining price quotes, and requesting completion of Supply Chain related forms.
- Developing and maintaining spreadsheets related to Supply Chain metrics and process improvement projects.
- Support warehouse functions and processes.
- Apply data mining and analytics skills to support Supply Chain systems and activities.
- Provide process improvement opportunities throughout the Supply Chain workflow.
- Provide admin support to Supply Chain staff in managing Supply Chain related tasks.
- General administrative work and other duties as assigned.