View job on Handshake
UNDERGRAD SUPPLY CHAIN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
LOCATION: MODESTO, FRESNO, LIVINGSTON, OR LODI CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER, 16, 2022
The Supply Chain Internship Program is searching for appropriate candidates to fill our internship positions within the following departments:
Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Chain department is responsible for planning production for bottling, cellar and materials. They are the heart of the business that provides a linkage between the Business Unit and Operations. The Supply Chain Department is accountable for on-time delivery, inventory, and schedule stability. The Intern will be working with our planning department to develop tools and processes to continue our path to Class A.
Warehouse Operations assumes a solid foundation in finished goods movement into and out of a robust supply chain system. Understanding basic warehouse principles around first in first out, product density and product velocity are a must have. The Warehouse Operations team is accountable for on-time delivery, inventory, and damages incurred to full goods stored and in transit. The Intern will be working with our Operations teams to develop tools and processes to continue our path to a world class warehouse operation.
Global Customer Service
The Global Customer Service department is responsible for fulfilling Distributor/Retailer Gallo Winery Product needs through the entire Order to Cash process. They provide a vital linkage between the Winery’s Supply Chain department and our Customers and Winery Sales departments, while balancing and delivering Quality, Service, and Cost goals. The Intern will be working with our Service team to ensure we are meeting superior customer service expectations by promoting sales, service and supply chain activities for internal and external customers for assigned territories or responsibilities.
New Product Development
New Product Development department leads cross-functional project teams to ensure New Products to market. This project management team is accountable for ensuring new products are delivered on-time while meeting quality expectations and ensuring to stay aligned with the Organization’s strategies. The Intern will work with our team to develop tools and processes to continue to aid in our goals towards a better time to market.
Sales & Operations Planning
The Sales & Operations Planning department leads our Demand Management by facilitating a consensus forecast with Marketing, Sales and Business Unit leadership. This team is accountable for ensuring a valid demand signal is provided to cross-functional partners as well as enabling risk and opportunistic activities to achieve strategic plans. The Intern will be working with our planning department to develop tools and processes to continue our path to Class A.
Sourcing & Contract Manufacturing
The Sourcing & Contract Manufacturing department is focused on proactively partnering internally with our stakeholders, and externally with our Suppliers, to deliver a winning consumer experience through world class procurement leadership. This team supports winery growth and innovation, delivering cost savings, improving supplier quality and service performance, and ensuring continuity of supply. Sourcing professionals across Direct, Indirect, and Contract Manufacturing areas provide our internal business partners with end to end sourcing service, from supplier selection through contract management, while partnering with Accounts Payable for invoice settlement.
- High school diploma or State-issued Equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, Finance, or Business Administration; OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, Finance or Business Administration Management, Operations Management, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Experience using SQL, databases or data visualization tools (eg PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy)
- Junior class standing at a college or university and working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management.
- Previous Internships or Experiences in the Supply Chain Management, Operations, or an Engineering Field
- Advanced experience in data analytic tools (eg SQL, Tableau or similar tools)
- Experience gathering requirements, and designing data & information solutions to meet business needs
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work both inside and outside with varying temperatures.
• Noise levels may vary. Occasional situations where ear protection is required.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.