McCormick & Company, Incorporated is seeking a full-time Supply Chain Intern in Atlanta, GA located at the Atlanta Plant. This is a 10-week internship (June 2022- August 2022) which requires 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in fl avor with approximately 13,000 employees worldwide.As a Fortune 500 company with over $5 billion in annual sales across 160 countries and territories, wemanufacture, market, and distribute spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other fl avorful products to the entirefood industry including e-commerce, retail, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Our most popularbrands include McCormick, French’s, Frank’s RedHot, Stubb’s, OLD BAY, Lawry’s, Zatarain’s, Ducros, Vahiné,Cholula, Schwartz, Kamis, DaQiao, Club House, Aeroplane, and Gourmet Garden. Every day, no matter where orwhat you eat or drink, you can enjoy food fl avored by McCormick. Our Purpose is “To Stand Together for the Futureof Flavor and our Vision is “A World United by Flavor—where healthy, sustainable and delicious go hand in hand.”
Our 10 week Summer Internship Program in allows college students to get a glimpse into what it’s like to be a partof the McCormick family – rich in fl avor, culture, and employee empowerment.
During your time as an Intern you will sharpen your leadership skills, work on real-world challenges, andcollaborate with the best leaders in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to network with executives,participate in social events with other interns, and give back to the community. We are looking for the nextgeneration of problem solvers to drive change within McCormick. Are you up for the challenge?
PLEASE NOTE : Candidates who require visa sponsorship for employment now or in the future will not beconsidered for this position.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager, the CI Intern will work cross functionally in a team environment with Operations, Distribution, Supply Chain, and Quality, in the Atlanta Plant to improve processes and facility throughput.The incumbent will analyze the effectiveness of current processes and help lead productivity, CCI, and/or reliability improvementinitiatives within the facility. This is a developmental role for an individual interested in career advancement in Operations or Supply Chain. Training in the areas of TPM, Continuous Improvement, and HPO Leadership will be provided.
- Leading efforts to improve the performance of the plant in the areas of productivity, CCI and inventory management
- Integrating strategic capital into Operations, including:
- learning the full function and operation of new equipment
- developing training materials and supporting training activities
- Leading and coaching Continuous Improvement teams
- Providing technical support and assistance with troubleshooting of complex problems
- Supporting activities that improve the performance of the logistics center in the areas of safety, quality, process reliability,and overall cost
- Presenting project plans and achievement to all levels of the organization
- Leading and supporting safety initiatives to include performing risk assessments
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Engineering
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a target graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Experience working collaboratively in a team-based environment
- The desire to pursue a job in supply chain, operations, continuous improvement and/or engineering
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve a project goal against a deadline
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Relevant supply chain and/or engineering experience in a distribution center and/or manufacturing plant (co-op and internship experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of plant operations
- Experience leading teams to achieve specific goals
- Experience leading process reliability improvements
- Experience developing and writing procedures (SOP’s) with cross functional teams
- Experience leading and coaching process improvement and/or continuous improvement teams
- Experience developing justifications and cost estimates for capital projects
- Experience developing training materials and supporting training activities
- Experience utilizing formal troubleshooting methods on manufacturing equipment/processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP WM or other Warehouse Management Systems