View job on Handshake
We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. We offer competitive wages, benefits from day 1, a work schedule with every other Friday off, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO and 11 paid holidays per year.
his is a Supply Chain internship opportunity for a current full-time student seeking a Bachelor’s degree. You will gain hands-on experience with assignments that familiarize yourself with the Supply Chain function in the defense electronics industry.
At the San Diego facility, products are designed and manufactured to protect our ships, aircraft, and most importantly, our country. Join the CAES San Diego team and gain valuable experience while helping protect U.S. and allied forces around the world.
The program begins June 6, 2022 and ends early August. CAES has hired a number of interns upon their graduation. Our team of engineers are excellent mentors, work with interns to maximize the benefits students can achieve from working in a real manufacturing environment.
This position will support our Integrated Defense Systems business area located in San Diego, CA.
- Complete various Standard Work Projects. Tasks will include learning and documenting the process. Outcome will result in an improved and more efficient workflow.
- Key communication with our supply base. Intern will track open PO’s, obtain order status and document expedite results. Outcome will improve our performance to exception messages.
- Perform LOB (line of balance) reports. Tasks will include learning how to pull the data from our system, detail within the report and present. Outcome will result in reporting efficiency.
- Participate in all available training opportunities for the team.
- Function as primary back-up to commodity team and buyer/planners.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of college level course work at an accredited four-year university .
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- 3+ months combination of coursework/experience in MS Excel.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
- Basic knowledge of an ERP system.
- Business degree a major plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as a part of an integrated team.
- Experience with pivot tables in MS Excel highly preferred.