View job on Handshake
Join the growing team at Cover who engineer well-built spaces for everyone. Leveraging systems engineering to develop well-integrated parts and their assemblies for high volume precision manufacturing, Cover’s building system enables the creation of residential structures with unparalleled design, energy performance, build precision, and construction speed.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Supply Chain at Cover and work closely with a multidisciplinary team of architects, designers, and mechanical engineers, to drive production ramp up and develop, test, and implement product design changes.
- You will work in a hands-on role in both production, and design, with a high amount of responsibility and autonomy. You will be expected to produce results on short timelines both individually and in collaboration with others.
- You’ll manage and collaborate with key suppliers to support supply chain and quality milestones.
- By the 30 day mark you are fully familiar with all current supplier quality issues and have traveled to identified suppliers to conduct pre-shipment audits. You are fluent in the operational weaknesses of these suppliers and flows, and have proposed task level improvements.
- At 90 days your work has measured supplier quality performance and you have identified suppliers who are capable of implementing improvements and those that are unable or unwilling.
- We celebrate the significant operational improvements resulting from an 80% reduction of supplier related issue tickets. Identified suppliers will have been onboarded to the quality, packaging and information specifications that you created. This milestone is reached by your half-year anniversary.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2-4 years of success in supplier quality improvement and supply chain process improvement while supporting production timelines of physical goods.
- Demonstrated command of improvement methodologies. Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma preferred.
- Excellence in defining requirements where none exist, measuring attributes, analyzing results, improving processes in quality and material flow and controlling key inputs.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience engineering for, a variety of manufacturing processes with demonstrated requisite travel history to support this knowledge.
- Owner of 2 or more projects where analysis of total cost of ownership, feasibility, quality, durability, logistics and information flow are required.
- History of continual improvement and achievement: identifying and implementing systematic changes that increase efficiency, effect change and, most importantly, improve the product.
- Demonstrated history of producing extraordinary results in short timeframes with a high degree of autonomy.
- Used practical methods to quickly evaluate product quality during supplier qualification visits.
- Exceptional quality and supply chain fundamentals. Mastery of developing tasks that ensure functional quality, supply chain robustness, and information requirements while on-boarding suppliers.
- High emotional intelligence demonstrated by knowing when and why it would be appropriate to be relentless in pursuit of near-immediate improvements both internally and while working with suppliers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication.
- Self-starting approach to project management with excellent follow through.
- Thrive in a fast paced hands-on environment where solving challenging problems both independently and as part of a team.