View job on Handshake
A rapidly growing, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com is seeking a Supply Chain Category Planner to join its supply chain team. As a fast, growing company, Alarm.com is looking for a Supply Chain Category Planner to own all facets of the supply chain in regard to one of our various hardware categories. This role supports all forecasting, buying, internal and external engagement, and supplier management. In this role, you should have an analytical mind and a strong business acumen. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential. This opportunity also will require you to work cross-functionally to support the organization.
The Supply Chain Category Planner I primary job responsibilities will include:
- Analyze supply and demand for a specific product category(ies), balancing necessary levels of inventory for order fulfillment with holding costs.
- Work with overseas suppliers on production plans, product portfolio, pricing, etc.
- Manage new product launches and transitions:
- Work with suppliers on component lead time, minimum order quantities, and production timelines.
- Effectively communicate product transitions (launches and discontinuations) with Marketing, Sales, and other stakeholders
- Contribute to day-to-day customer order processing.
- Work closely with distribution centers (domestic and international) to ensure order fulfillment.
- Ad-hoc reporting for orders, distributions centers, and product category(ies) as needed.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and communications, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Legal, and Engineering.
- Investigate quality issues, customer complaints, and compliance needs as necessary for assigned category(ies).
- Implement continuous improvement ideas to create a more efficient and effective workplace.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in inventory management or supply chain role
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours on occasion due to relationships with overseas suppliers
- Working knowledge of MS Office, experience with MicroStrategy a plus
- Analytical mindset with business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence leaders and colleagues on business decisions
- Team player with a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.