Date added: Thursday 15 July 2021
COMPANY: Essentra plc.
LOCATION: Louisville, Houston, ErieUSA
Comprised of three global divisions, Essentra is a leading provider of essential components and solutions. Every day we produce and distribute millions of small but essential products.
Our international network extends to 34 countries and includes around 50 principal manufacturing facilities, 32 sales and distribution operations and 3 research & development centres.
The Essentra Future Leaders Programme is designed to attract, train and retain talent through a structured 3-year programme. It has been developed to provide participants with the knowledge, tools and support to be successful within Essentra, allowing them to have the opportunity to progress within the organisation.
The Supply Chain Analyst gathers and analyses data to develop insights used for the optimization of the organization’s supply chain operations. It identifies underperforming areas in the supply chain by analysing cost, capacity and demand patterns. The Supply Chain Analyst will continuously review movement of materials and other supply chain processes to identify sources of problems and to develop suggestions for solutions. Prepares reports or dashboards to provide reliable activity data to the team. Additionally they will monitor suppliers for contract compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with cross functional teams, including to assist, influence, and recommend solutions that identify root cause analysis and improve process development
- Evaluate route schedules or load plans, including historical activity and customer trends
- Design and produce monthly internal reports and metrics to measure
- Create dashboards, reports, and analyses that explain trends and the reasons behind them
- Continually seek and identify cost savings opportunities for the customer.
- Examine current processes to identify shortcomings and implement or recommend improvements to drive out waste
- Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis.
- Develop and distribute weekly customer metrics and customer performance reports
- Collaborate with internal associates to resolve problems and support implementations
- Implement any process change and transportation design changes.
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate the following essential attributes:
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Proven track record in a similar role, ideally with experience of operating with a high-volume of product lines
- Excellent verbal, written skills with so as to communicate appropriately with all levels of the business
- First class time-management and organisation skills to support working in a versatile & fast-paced role
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software, and knowledge of warehouse management systems beneficial
- A willingness to be forward thinking and accepts any changes necessary for the progress of the department or Company
- Take ownership of change actions; ensure everyone is fully engaged, the overall pace of change is set to achieve targets, and manage any uncertainty and/or issues that arise during the process
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.