The Supply Chain Analyst will support Supply Chain operations for the DC network by providing business modeling, financial analysis, report creation, and business intelligence for decision making. He/she will be responsible for designing, constructing, and publishing existing and new reports used by all levels of leadership within the Supply Chain network. The Supply Chain Analyst will also create ad-hoc reporting, perform analysis to help solve business problems. He/she will regularly collaborate across multiple business functions to enable and drive problem solving and business improvement. The ability to build and leverage strong relationships to achieve goals is critical.
This position requires an individual with strong analytical skills and calls for a self-starter with genuine investigative talents, ability to find, analyze and present information to assist in developing operational strategy and efficiency within the distribution center environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, generates, and publishes DC reports and dashboards; as well as optimizing existing reports, analytic tools, data sources, database queries and procedures to further pinpoint opportunities for improvement in the DC
- Expert in latest reporting methods for through Tableau and/or other latest applications
- Performs and participates in root cause analysis of business problems, identifying and recommending solution alternatives, and develops reports to track key metrics and results
- Supports Engineering, Operations Excellence, Planning, and Operations to calculate optimal system settings (case packs, ship units) to reduce handling and operating costs. The team also provides data analysis and reporting related to increasing optimization and performance improvement
- Collaborates with business partners and DC leadership to understand business needs, and identifies business analytics and reporting requirements
- Works closely with DC leaders to develop new reports and enhance existing reports. Works with leaders within Engineering and Planning to develop best in class reports.
- Able to learn new analytics reporting technology and other data mining techniques, and apply them to the existing techniques in use at the DC
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
Scope – Supply Chain DC Network
- Location – Remote, with high preference for close proximity to a DC
- Travel – approximately 20% travel required, depending on home location
- Supervisory Responsibility None
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Applied Math or Computer Science is highly preferred
- 3+ years in Supply Chain
- Working knowledge of Excel, Access,Oracle SQL, and Tableau
- Familiarity with Manhattan Associates WMS
- Flexible and adaptable in learning new technologies
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis and apply analytical best practices and methodologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance, and must be able to rely on judgment to accomplish goals
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
General office environment requiring ability to:
- Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and without endangering the health or safety of self or others.