What to Expect in our University Relations Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson students are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our students are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
The Sourcing Intern will interact with Commodity Managers and others within the Supply Chain department. The Candidate will get exposure to several aspects of the Sourcing Strategies, Programs and Enterprise Resource Planning ERP systems
They will be assisting the Commodity manager with the completion of planned Request for Proposal (RFP’s), building a bid package through analysis of bids etc.
The right candidate will get trained to demand planning improvements for indirect spend parts and data analytics that drive cost containment decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be shown how to prepare bid specifications and requirements based on customer needs, solicit supplier bids, drive RFQ, and e-Source (ariba tool) process, work closely with business teams to evaluate supplier quotes and capabilities
- Participate in Cost Containment Data Analytics, Spend Segmentation for several subcategories and with suppliers
- Participate in supplier business reviews for the InSinkErator division
- Get exposure to other InSinkErator cross-functional cost containment teams including Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing Operations
- Document Standard work/workflow for several Workflows used to maintain inventory. Familiarity with writing a workflow diagram or software and technical writing is a plus
- Be trained to use web-based requisitions Software/Coupa) that allows e-commerce procurement of goods across market suppliers
- Be trained on Risk Mitigation Methods that forms key basis for Source Strategy
Who you are:
You establish clear goals with anticipated outcomes and results. You solicit both input and discussion. You deliver clear, problem-focused communication.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Operations, or related field
- Able to work full-time during the summer semester
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and ability to prepare simple conclusions from complex analyses
- Strong knowledge of MS PowerPoint and ability to prepare managerial presentations
- Strong analytical capabilities and commitment to data-driven decision making
- Legal authorization to work in the United States – sponsorship will not be provided for this position
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- 2.75 Cumulative GPA