SL Green Investments Group | Summer Analyst Role
- The Summer Investments Analyst role is in the Acquisitions / Investments Group which is responsible for equity, preferred equity, and debt investments in New York City real estate. Summer analysts are generalists and focus on all asset and investment types.
- The role is an all-encompassing real estate investment, development, and asset management role that develops skills in modeling, research, financial analysis, and negotiations. The role provides the intern with the opportunity to interact with all groups at SL Green, including the Accounting, Finance, Leasing, Construction, and Operations teams. Direct responsibilities include underwriting new investments, including the development of financial analyses utilizing Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise, and active asset management of SLG’s 35 million square foot portfolio.
- The summer analyst role is for candidates currently pursuing a college or university degree and is undertaken after the third year of undergraduate study.
- Ideal candidates are pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a competitive university (a degree in economics, finance, real estate, or a closely related field of study is preferred).
- Coursework or experience in financial modeling is preferred.
Timeline & Method of Application
- SL Green will reach out to candidates to set up phone interviews on a rolling basis with the intention of selecting candidates for superdays in November.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume.
Point of Contact
About SL Green
SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan’s largest office landlord, is a fully integrated real estate investment trust, or REIT, that is focused primarily on acquiring, managing and maximizing value of Manhattan commercial properties. As of June 30, 2021, SL Green held interests in 77 buildings totaling 35.3 million square feet. This included ownership interests in 27.1 million square feet of Manhattan buildings and 7.4 million square feet securing debt and preferred equity investments.