Summer Associate Program – Global Technology
- As a Summer Associate at NPD you will gain a winning advantage. Our Associates learn through immersion, what it means to be innovative, client-centric and continuously growing.
- This Program is designed to give participants an opportunity to broaden their knowledge and develop a solid foundation in the field of market research through a variety of disciplines: consumer research, custom research, quantitative analysis, strategy and broader market insights.
- You will quickly become an integral member of the team, contributing to real world business challenges with your own day-to-day responsibilities. Regardless of where you are placed, you will have the opportunity to work with internal and external clients.
- The curriculum includes basic product knowledge, business specific overviews, technical and professional skills training and career development.
- The program features an orientation, senior management speakers, networking events, a performance evaluation, a mentorship program and a business project.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree as a Junior with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups and advanced formulas).
- You are analytical, innovative and insightful.
- Have a growth mindset and are a collaborative team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A market research background is not necessary as we are looking for distinguished students from various academic disciplines, and are interested in your potential, mindset and passion for the industry.
The Information Technology (IT) team makes the data collection, transformation, and
delivery processes possible across the organization. We process and analyze
consumer and point-of-sale data, applying dictionary matching, machine
learning, suppression, calibration, projection, and other rules to produce the
data sets. We also develop and maintain software to access, manipulate, and
present our data to clients. We are responsible for the equipment, infrastructure,
and networking that delivers our data (both internally and externally) and for
IT security and disaster recovery.