Thank you for your interest in Analysis Group! We encourage you to submit your application now; however, we will not be actively reviewing your application until January 2022.
About Analysis Group’s HEOR Practice:
Make an impact at Analysis Group, where we collaborate with our clients to develop and implement HEOR strategies to support pharmaceutical products throughout their life cycles. Founded in 1981, Analysis Group is one of the largest international economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices, including more than 250 professionals who focus on Health Care. Analysis Group’s health care experts apply analytical expertise to health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), clinical research, market access and commercial strategy, health care policy, epidemiology and drug safety, data science, and biostatistics. Analysis Group’s internal experts, together with its network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, provide our clients with exceptional breadth and depth of expertise and end-to-end consulting services globally.
- We draw upon our deep expertise to provide innovative, data-driven strategies for clients in the life sciences industry across all phases of product development and commercialization.
- We help our clients define markets, demonstrate value, and inform business decisions throughout product lifecycles.
- We have a broad range of expertise and collaborate with leading academics in our areas of expertise to offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research.
- We are distinguished by the way we integrate our capabilities to provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to problem solving.
- We have received the Boston Bar Association’s President’s Award for our pro bono work on civil legal aid and homelessness, and our innovative approach to recruitment has been featured prominently in major outlets, including the Financial Times and Leaders
- We have also been recognized as a best place to work in several top surveys, including national surveys by Glassdoor (Best Places to Work, Employees’ Choice Award, small and medium business category) and Vault (17th overall in the Vault Consulting 50, and the top-ranked economic consulting firm).
About the Summer Analyst Intern Position:
This is a position for rising seniors and first year masters/MPH students with research experience in biostatistics, economics, epidemiology, health economics, health policy, mathematics, public health, statistics or related subjects. As a summer analyst, you have the opportunity to work on complex business problems within an inclusive and collaborative environment. Summer analysts can expect to work on multiple projects at a time. Responsibilities and work experiences across consulting engagements vary widely by project and may include:
- Analyzing economic and health care data using algorithms and statistical programming in C++, Java, Python, R, SAS, Stata, VBA and other programs
- Conducting a range of health economics analyses such as treatment pattern and outcomes, comparative effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and budget impact
- Developing data analyses using statistical methods and analytical tools including econometric estimation of models, survival analysis and machine learning
- Creating dynamic visualizations to rapidly explore data and models
- Developing and programming databases and analytic files
- Conducting economic evaluations and drawing inferences from medical literature
- Synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information from diverse sources including academic literature, clinical trial data, findings from primary market research, and administrative claims data to support market access and commercialization objectives
- Developing market access strategy including market assessment, evidence generation strategy, product development, and pricing and reimbursement for drugs, diagnostics, and devices
- Creating visual presentation of findings from quantitative and qualitative analyses in PowerPoint presentations
Analysis Group fosters a work environment that is centered on delivering high quality work through teamwork and collaboration, best-in-class learning programs, and a culture of transparency, trust, and respect. Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in biostatistics, economics, epidemiology, health economics, health policy, mathematics, public health, statistics or related subjects
- Passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic and business challenges our clients face
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Experience or a strong interest in statistical programming, data analysis, and applying quantitative methods to real-world research problems in the life sciences industry
- Strong oral, and written communication skills, and a focus on attention to detail
- A strong academic record
- The ability to effectively work independently and within a team
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
- An inclusive and growth-oriented mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work across differences.
Applicants are required to have at least a 3.3 GPA or higher in their most recent degree to be considered.
Summer analysts often re-join the firm to start their career as full-time employees. Full time analysts often move on to top graduate programs for an MS, MBA, JD, or Ph.D. after their tenure with the firm; some return as associates after graduate school.
Analysis Group embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a deep and meaningful way. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We provide equal opportunities across all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, races, colors, ethnicities, mental and physical abilities and characteristics, ages, socioeconomic statuses, and religions, and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply:
When submitting your resume, please include all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate if applicable) and a cover letter indicating geographic preference(s) through the Analysis Group website.