View job on Handshake
Statkraft, 100% owned by the State of Norway, is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. Since 1998 the company expanded its activities outside Norway and has become a leading European entity transacting renewable energy, carbon credits, and renewable energy credits in structured and exchange transactions.
The group is currently looking for a Summer Analyst to join the San Francisco Office for 8-10 weeks. You will sit with our small team in San Francisco and will receive hands-on experience in the US Environmental Markets. You will develop deep knowledge of a specific market and complete an independent research project that you will present to the Managing Director at the conclusion of the program. In addition, you will sit directly with the US commercial team and help prepare financial models related to our core business. This is an opportunity to contribute directly to the success of the US office and make meaningful connections along the way.
What you will do:
- The primary task will be to complete a research project on a subset of North American climate laws, and an accompanying go-to-market strategy Receive experience and exposure to the US Environmental Markets
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Currently enrolled in an (Environmental) Economics, Industrial Engineering/Operations Research, Language or related program entering your second or third year of study; either as part of a graduate degree (preferred) or undergraduate degree
- Focused self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Intellectually curious
- Analytically adept
- High level of personal integrity
- Opportunity to help grow Statkraft’s North American/US business
- A working environment characterized by professionalism, collegiality, responsibility and motivation
- Standard internship terms
- Please provide a resume and a brief letter describing your interest in the position, experience, and a bit about yourself.
- Start date: June 2022