Summer 2023 Internship | Corporate Development Intern
2023 Summer Internship | Inventory Department
School Year: May 2023/2024
Dates of the Internship: June 1st, 2023 – August 4th, 2023
Format and Location: Hybrid – Chicago, IL
Camping World – Corporate Development Associate
Corporate development is a group that is responsible for mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, equity investments, and divestitures, to support different initiatives at the corporate and business unit levels. As part of the corporate development team, the Corporate Development intern will be working with the team on the execution of a variety of growth initiatives and corporate strategies.
The Corporate Development involved will be involved in some aspects of the deal process, which may include landscaping, sourcing, qualification, financial modeling, valuation, and due diligence process. The Corporate Development intern will work collaboratively with the team to help accelerate strategic initiatives, growth, and innovation.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Performs company, competitor, and industry specific research; and analyzes data to identify market trends, track competitive landscape, and screen M&A / strategic partnership opportunities
- Identify and analyze opportunities for improvements in cost, quality, service, and productivity.
- Evaluate and improve information flow across company.
- Measure and improve work methods and maintain time standards.
- Design, evaluate and improve job and process manuals.
- Assist the Corporate Development team with the managing of a pipeline of potential targets with a systematic process to identify, evaluate, and execute.
- Gain an understanding of the industry and market participants, reviewing target’s financial and operation performance, assisting with the development of financial projections and models, conducting due diligence, and assisting in term sheet negotiation and closing activities
- Research companies is interested in potentially buying or selling and identifying investors
- Collaborate with the Corporate Development on other projects and tasks that are assigned
- Attend team meetings and gain an understanding of the Corporate Development team
- Pursuing degree preferred but not limited to Industrial Engineering, Other engineering, Economics, Business, Accounting, Psychology
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office: Suite: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and strict confidentiality of company information
- Basic financial Skills such as valuation methods
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be diligent, organized, and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment with the ability to multitask and keen attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with sense of urgency to resolve issues promptly
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is the premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale; service centers with over 1,900 bays and over 1,600 technicians on staff; over 100 collision centers; RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers; technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard-to-find parts.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We are seeking dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’ve got an awesome team already, but there’s always room for more!