Description – External
The Workforce Planning and Analytics function is responsible for supporting and enabling talent management practices by setting workforce planning strategies based on comprehensive assessment of both quantitative and qualitative data. In addition, the function is responsible for performing statistical analysis on large data sets to inform leadership and help them make data driven decisions. Additional responsibilities include reporting, development of sophisticated and interactive dashboards, and creation of surveys to capture workforce and organizational data.
In this role, the intern will:
• Gather and analyze information from a diverse set of sources to fully understand business needs
• Effectively communicate findings and recommendations, recognizing diverse needs and strategic goals of clients
• Effectively manage conflict, interact with and respect diverse personalities, meet ambiguity with resilience
• Manipulate information, construct ideas, and use analytical tools to achieve strategic goals
• Help with and creation of Tableau dashboard builds
• Conduct statistical analysis on large workforce data sets, with findings and recommendation; development of briefing decks
• Respond to various customer request for data reporting and analysis
• Help with data clean up, organization and transformation
• Development and analysis of surveys to capture employee sentiment related to various organizational topics
Qualifications – External
Suggested Education: Pursuing a degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, or a related major
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization
- Intermediate proficiency of Tableau
- Foundational knowledge of R or SQL
- Intermediate proficiency with statistical analysis
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- This internship is hybrid, requiring a combination of telework and an in-office presence in Washington, DC.
- A work sample may be requested.
- US Citizenship is required for all Board internships and applicants must be current students, graduating from their program Fall 2023 or later.