As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC was named No. 1 on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. Throughout the internship, you will have a chance to connect with innovators from across ALSAC and use Design Thinking to solve for some of our most critical areas of opportunity. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions preparing them to present their solutions to ALSAC’s CEO and members of our Executive Leadership Team.
- Start Date: June 6, 2022
- End Date: August 12, 2022
- Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: Based on work location
- Work Location: Headquarters Office in Memphis, TN
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Actively participate in the Summer Intern Innovation Project through cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and your assigned project.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
CMS internships are very hands on with equipment and editing. They will learn about lighting setups, techniques of studio and documentary style shooting. They will learn about all of the gear and equipment needed for on-location filming. They will either shoot or edit CMS supervised events. This internship prepares the students to work in the TV News market straight out of college. With the local connections some of the CMS staff has, we have helped former interns secure jobs in the Memphis market at local tv stations.
- Intern would assist in video productions, helping with setting up shoots and learning how to work on projects on a fast paced, large team.
- Learn the creative media services workflow, participate on shoots, and edit projects that will prepare them for advanced learning in this highly competitive field.
Majors preferred: Communications, Film, Telecommunications
Skills preferred: Videography, Editing
Experience working with: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Avid or similar NLE systems
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.