As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC was named No. 1 on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. Throughout the internship, you will have a chance to connect with innovators from across ALSAC and use Design Thinking to solve for some of our most critical areas of opportunity. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions preparing them to present their solutions to ALSAC’s CEO and members of our Executive Leadership Team.
- Start Date: June 6, 2022
- End Date: August 12, 2022
- Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: Based on work location
- Work Location: Headquarters Office in Memphis, TN
- After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by May 6, 2022. For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern.
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Actively participate in the Summer Intern Innovation Project through cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and your assigned project.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
- The intern will assist in the mastering and finalizing of video content produced by the Creative Media Services department. It will involve working with partners on high-level campaigns and initiatives that need video. Currently, CMS produces hundreds of videos for these and other partners every month. This position will be editing video for various channels including television, online, and social media. It will also entail creating graphics, encoding and uploading video, and tagging our work in a video content management system.
- Editing, logging, and mastering video content
- Managing and distributing videos via our content management system
- Creating graphics or animations for use in various channels, including social media
Majors preferred: Communications, Film, Telecommunications, Video
Skills preferred: Video Editing, Excel, Word, Adobe products, Social Media
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
- ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.