D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Construction Intern for their Construction Department. The right candidate will assist the Construction Manager and Superintendents with the management of all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction, including but not limited to scheduling and supervising job site.
This is a rotational internship in which the intern will spend the majority of their summer as a full-time Assistant Superintendent. Interns will also rotate to three additional departments. Rotations are often to partnering departments such as Purchasing, Sales, and Land Development to gain a well rounded view of the Residential Construction Industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Construction Manager and Superintendents with scheduling and on-site supervision
- Help to ensure on-site safety as well as compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Learn how to estimate costs, solicit bids, create schedules, etc.
- Explore other areas of interest to learn more about the general operations of the division both within and outside of the assigned department that will be supplemental to the learning experience
- Provide basic administrative support, assist other supervisors as directed, and help with special projects as needed
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Able to work overtime
By the end of the internship a Construction Intern will know how to schedule subcontractors, review houses daily to ensure readiness for next trade, monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractor responsible for daily clean-up, conduct homeowner orientation and re-walk ensuring customer satisfaction, calls and walks all inspections with inspectors, inspect each house to determine the status per the production schedule, assure the quality of workmanship and that all work is in accordance with the plans and specifications.
*Relocation assistance and/or housing will not be provided*
Education and/or Experience
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and seeking a degree in a related field
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Bilingual preferred but not required
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder where We Build People Too!
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!