At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2022 (10-12 weeks)As an intern with IBM Services, you’ll be part of an IBM North America intern community and experience with opportunities to meet other interns and IBMers during networking events, special events and career development activities. You’ll have a mentor to help you explore what a future at IBM could look like. For your day-to-day experience, you’ll be aligned to a consulting project or initiative and see first-hand how we help businesses change the way they work. You’ll learn how we focus on our clients’ technical and business needs to co-create solutions that improve their businesses. At IBM, we prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and mentorship – you’ll get exposure to all that and more as an intern.
You’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market, and more closely align their business strategy and vision.
The goal of the internship is to experience what it is like to work on a team to deliver for clients. Depending on the project, you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the processes, goals and objectives that define the client’s future state, and the steps needed to help them get there. You will see how leading technologies can improve traditional business processes. You’ll have an opportunity to learn about your client’s industry, tackle new challenges and learn about the intersection of business and technology. You’ll join a team of consultants and learn what it is like to work in a collaborative environment.
Work you could do as a Business Transformation Consultant Intern:
- Support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
- Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of the IBM solution
- Discover current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
- Draft and send communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments on a cross-functional team
- Learn and apply IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Ability to develop new problem-solving techniques to build insights
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Currently in pursuit of BA/BS in Economics, Business, Data Science, Engineering or another STEM field
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year bachelors degree program
- Must be graduating by Fall 2022 or Spring 2023