• Modeling and analysis of new market design proposals using advanced simulation tools
• Report important findings to project lead and potentially external stakeholders
• Collect large data sets and operational information from public data sources and analyze to track trends
• Write up of findings through a complete study report
The Ideal Candidate:
• Electrical engineering, operations research, economics, or similar master’s or PhD student with an understanding of electric power systems operations and economics, and/or and strong analytical skills
• Understanding of wholesale electricity markets, including unit commitment, economic dispatch, and locational marginal pricing concepts
• Experience in market simulation models and tools, such as production cost modeling, e.g., PSO, FESTIV
• Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze large data sets
Education Level and Years of Experience:
- Required – Has begun master’s studies
- Desired – In PhD studies
Great opportunity to gain experience in industry focused R&D to set a candidate up for either a career in academia or industry, including exposure to EPRI and its members.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee’s I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Energy.www.epri.com