View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve in a junior software developer role on teams focused on delivering innovative solutions for traffic coordination, big data processing and analysis, computer vision, machine learning, and intelligent decision support systems.
- Participate in advanced, internally funded, research and development programs.
- Bring your ideas to life as proof of concept, showing how technology can improve transportation.
- Design and code, often for complex solutions, products that directly affect the lives and actions of the travelling public.
- Summer student, local year-round student, or co-op.
- Save lives, reduce emissions, and make the roadways safer.
- We bring together talented people from all backgrounds to help us deliver innovative software solutions in the transportation industry. Intern on projects focused on improving transportation technology.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions for intelligent system applications.
- Participate in team meetings, code reviews, etc as part of an integrated software development team.
- Provide quality research and code, contributing directly to the success of a project.
- Leverage skills brought from university to provide new insights into coding paradigms, design patterns, etc.