Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- The Advanced Inspection Systems (AIS) group has an opportunity for a student intern to join and grow with our team.
- Applying Theory to Practice: Apply your passion for machine learning integrating data science and statistics with computer vision and deep learning algorithms to solve challenges from deep sea to deep space, providing data analysis and automation for several industries.
- Work with small teams to develop data analysis systems and software using machine learning, computer vision, neural networks, and/or deep learning to analyze, detect and fingerprint chemicals for molecular science and intelligent inspection projects.
- Development is typically in Python, C#, C/C++ on MS Windows operating systems. Interest in understanding formal secure software development process and best practices applies.
- Year-Round Internship available for local student, summer student, or a co-op student.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work independently on small teams developing data science software for molecular science and intelligent inspection applications.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers on software design and code reviews.
- Develop software and test scripts that aid in application integration, verification, and validation testing phases.
- Contribute to technical reports explaining developed solutions.
- To read more on the cool and unique work associated with this position, visit the following:
- Must be pursuing a BS in Computer Science or related fields Program should contain, at minimum, course concentration in the following foundational CS areas: algorithms, computer architecture, data structures, logic & computation, and advanced mathematics
- 0-2 years: Must have at least 30 hours of college credit completed
- Educational background and experience with programming and scripting (e.g., C, C++, Java, Assembly, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Node.js, Spark, Puppet, SALT, KAFKA, HADOOP, VHDL, Verilog), and software development life-cycle (design, develop, implementation, debug, and testing)
- Experience or interest in learning: software version control (e.g. Git), computer architectures, data analysis, data simulation/model development & prototyping, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics and analytic
- Knowledge of or interest in learning machine learning techniques in embedded systems
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.