View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
Join the Applied Power Division that develops innovative, client focused solutions spanning a wide variety of technical specialties. We are a motivated team working in a fast-paced environment with a history of satisfied customers and employee satisfaction.
Objectives of this Role:
- Gain experience providing professional software development support to research teams.
- Develop analytical skills to solve real-world technical problems.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues with division hardware and software.
- Year-Round position.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Assist IT professionals with setup, maintenance, and diagnostics for division resources.
- Participate in the software development process, from initial requirement to implementation and testing.
- Test developed software to confirm correct functionality and high reliability.
- Create documentation for design, testing, operation, and maintenance of developed software.
- Must be pursuing a BS with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
- Ability to work closely with hardware team to integrate and test hardware and software features
- Knowledge of how to troubleshoot and diagnose hardware/software malfunctions and remediate findings
- Must be able to leverage skills brought from university to provide new insights into coding paradigms, design patterns, and related
- Existing security clearance preferred but not required
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this position
For more information about this division, visit the Applied Power home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.