Who We Are:
Financial Data Systems supports SwRI through the development and maintenance of software that is utilized by the various business groups and research divisions.
Objectives of this Role:
- As an Intern, you will learn and train with the Software Developers
- Contribute with ideas in small teams under the direction from senior staff, the employee will develop and maintain web and Windows applications for the Financial Data Systems Section.
- Assist senior staff during all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and documenting).
- Develop new solutions from the ground up to replace legacy systems or meet the needs of new SwRI requirements.
- Perform maintenance tasks on existing software systems as needed.
- Provide support to various SwRI business groups in their use of an existing ERP system.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- You will learn and will aid in all phases of the software development process (requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and documenting), while developing business software solutions that are used by SwRI staff.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Compuer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Coursework in Business Administration and/or Accounting is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio or a desire to learn
- Good verbal and writing skills are required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.