What you can expect from H.B. Fuller’s Internship Program:
You’ll be joining a cohort of talented students from a variety of schools across the U.S. We hire interns into the following positions: Process Engineering, R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Technical Sales, Supply Chain, Product Marketing, Information Technology, and more.
The projects we task our interns to lead are impactful and meaningful to our organization. You’ll be supported by your Manager and Mentor to gain in-depth knowledge of the adhesive industry and collaborate with various departments and functions. We also offer an established path for next-level opportunities – making this internship the starting point for a long-term career path.
Internship Location: Aurora, Illinois or St. Paul, Minnesota
Our Internship Experience includes:
- 12-week paid program beginning the end of May to mid-August to gain insight and knowledge in your field.
- Interactive orientation and events with skilled professionals in your field, including managers, directors, and CEO.
- Multiple networking, volunteer and fun events – both virtual and in-person.
- Impactful projects that make a difference internally and externally for H.B. Fuller.
- End of summer final presentation to showcase your career development with support from managers and peers.
The Sourcing Intern reports to a Sourcing Manager within the Americas Sourcing organization. The Sourcing Intern may interact with several internal departments outside of Sourcing including R&D, Finance, Operations, Plants, and Supply Chain, and may also interact with H.B. Fuller’s external suppliers.
This internship will be 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday for the Summer of 2023.
- Analyze raw material suppliers that support production of our products
- Complete basic projects independently and draw conclusions with guidance
- Reproduce and articulate results and their meaning through spreadsheets, reports and presentations
- Interact and contribute to a multi-functional team on a regular basis
- Validate vendor invoice and pricing details to confirm compliance with business commitments
- Data cleansing and consolidation for use in monthly reporting and system implementations
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior in the summer of 2023
- Strong communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- Strong desire and innate capability to learn
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, etc.)