View job on Handshake
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position: The Strategic Purchasing Intern will support the Plastics, Packaging, and Sterilization commodity team and partner with the Supply Operations team to drive continuous improvement with contract management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead a complete review of all Plastics, Packaging, and Sterilization contracts in Intuitive’s online repository to ensure attributes captured correctly
- Conduct spend analysis and contract review for the Plastics, Packaging, and Sterilization commodities to identify key tier one and sub-tier suppliers where additional contract protections are recommended
- Collaborate with Supply Operations to scope the work needed to automate: (1) use of contract pricing; and (2) contract status reporting.
- Support ad hoc activities related to sub-tier resin supply chain and capacity management
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a supply chain management, business management, operations management, or related degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s level
- Proficiency with Excel; SAP and Tableau experience preferred; demonstrated experience in quickly learning new software tools
- Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness
- Strong communication/intrapersonal skills and results-oriented
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.