View job on Handshake
Company Description Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren’s reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company’s brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world’s most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Position Overview As the Selling Manager, you will contribute as a member of the Store Management team by executing strategic plans to ensure a profitable business. Success is achieved through championing new ways of selling tools and executing daily/weekly business objectives by assigning and managing tasks, goals and priorities for the sales associate team.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities Support Store Management in analyzing business trends and with the execution of business initiatives for your store location
- Understand and communicate sales and profit performance tools and resources to the store team
- Execute a consistent customer experience aligned to RL brand expectations and the store vision by handling customer complaints and resolving customer service issues
- Support the store client development strategy by conducting community outreach in your market
- Participate in the recruitment and interview process as needed, supporting Store Management to build and develop a team with the customer at its core, who can deliver the store vision
- Engage in talent development conversations by providing feedback and coaching to the store team
- Support in team training initiatives
- Provide ongoing feedback to Store Management on team successes and opportunities as well as product category opportunities or needs
- Maintain exceptional productivity standards through upholding processes and store execution, including supporting with inventory control and operational management
- Champion use of new technology in support of New Ways of Selling techniques and More Ways to Shop to drive business results
- Uphold all company policies and procedures
- Ensure sales floor and all store standards exceed expectations at all times
- Create an inclusive environment aligned to core Ralph Lauren Company values and Cultural Focus Areas
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- College Degree or equivalent a plus
- Retail Management or similar industry experience in a complex, high-volume or high-profile specialty environment preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor, stock/dressing room, cashwrap and office; work around/with chemicals, lift/climb up to 30 lbs. and climb moderately
- Ability to operate the register, stand, move and walk for multiple hours
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require day, evening, weekends and may include overnight shifts and travel (as required)
- Proven track record of success, including a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers, management and co-workers.
- Business acumen
- Strong planning and prioritization/time management skills