View job on Handshake
• High school diploma or equivalent plus 1 to 2 years of retail work experience or an
equivalent combination of education, training and work experience preferred.
• Ability to supervise and train for the use of equipment, tools and materials listed in
the Customer Service Representative (CSR), Lead CSR (LSR) and Store Assistant
(SA) job descriptions.
• Ability to supervise and manage the functions listed in the CSR, LSR and SA job
• Ability to use computer, or acquire those skills necessary to use a computer at the
store, which includes completion and analysis of reports, inventory control, cash
control, employment related forms, etc.
• A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
• Ability to have open availability.
• Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
• Ability to perform essential duties and physical functions described above.
• Ability to work in the conditions described below.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Certificates & Licenses: Food Server certificate (e.g. ServSafe) and Food Safety
Management certification may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Complete physical activity inventory of the position includes:
• Ability to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
• Ability to be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional
work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer and outdoors
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead
(i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels)
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist (i.e., to
replenish fountain syrups).
• Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands for entire shift. (This
handwork requires eye-hand coordination.
• Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a handtruck)
• Able to reach overhead for objects
• Ability to bend and twist at waist
• Ability to communicate orally
• Ability to operate a cash register and/or computer keyboard
• Ability to stoop, kneel, squat, bend, push, and pull
• Ability to work alone
• Be exposed to occasional noise • Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift • May require climbing a ladder to store and retrieve materials or place and remove signs) WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions inventory of the position includes: • Work requires 45 hours per week and can include hours on all shifts, week-ends and holidays. • Perform approximately 95% of all work indoors, but will be required to clean parking lots, gas pumps, take out garbage, etc. • Exposure to extreme cold temperatures while performing occasional work in a walk in cooler and/or freezer • Exposure to occasional noise. • Work with minimum direction and periodic supervision.