Statistics at Costello Medical
Are you looking for a role in which you can directly apply your statistical knowledge to the medical field? We are recruiting for our first Statistician to join our growing US team.
Our Statistics team provide statistical and analytical expertise across Costello Medical, devising statistical analysis plans and performing data analysis within Excel, R, SAS and WinBUGS. They are also responsible for communicating the methodologies and results in both written and oral formats to drug and device manufacturers, doctors and payers. The statistical analyses vary across patient-level clinical trial data, observational study data, real-world data and published aggregate data, and involves a range of techniques such as basic statistical analysis of individual patient data, regression analysis, survival analysis and Bayesian network meta-analysis using both standard and emerging methods.
About the Role
You will work in project teams alongside colleagues from all specialities to ensure that statistics projects are completed to an exceptionally high standard, on time and in line with client expectations. You will receive one-to-one training in the technical aspects of the role, including project management and effective client communication. Delivering project work requires close collaboration with clients, and following a successful induction period you will increasingly participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders.
Our team typically work on several projects at one time and the results of each analysis can feed into publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will therefore be exposed to a wide variety of the services offered by Costello Medical and a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The Statistics team is growing quickly, and so the successful applicant will be someone who shows the potential to develop their skills rapidly. We are particularly keen to hear from talented and motivated individuals who could take on project management and client responsibility within six to twelve months, and who are keen to progress into a leadership role in the Statistics team. We also offer tailored career progression opportunities depending on individual strengths and interests, which could include a focus on technical excellence.
We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum GPA 3.3) is required, although a Masters or PhD would be advantageous. A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- The technical and mathematical ability, coupled with the written and oral communication skills, to explain complex techniques and results to non-experts
- Proficiency in the R programming language, and the willingness and ability to rapidly develop your programming skills
- A willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software or techniques that may suit specific projects
- A desire to apply your statistical knowledge and technical skills to the healthcare industry
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high level of customer service and the quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Highly organized, with the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process
Desirable requirements for the role are:
- Experience with SAS, or other programming languages used for data analysis
- Awareness of data standards for clinical research and statistical analysis (e.g. CDISC, SDTM, ADaM, ICH Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials)
- Experience in and/or knowledge of medical data, clinical processes or trials