View job on Handshake
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
You will be responsible for:
- Participating in diverse projects involving exploratory data analysis, statistical inference, and predictive modeling
- Applying risk analysis methodologies to problems in engineering, health, finance, ecology, and the environment
- Providing support to internal and external clients when planning data collection, including framing the problem, experimental design, sample size calculations, and identifying appropriate populations and sampling strategies
- Developing reports and visualizations to address clients’ scientific and engineering problems and to support litigation
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. (or M.S. degree with two years’ experience) in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate statistical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience or capabilities in such subject areas as statistical data mining, analysis of reliability and life data, experimental design, Bayesian statistics, machine learning, or quality control/improvement
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with one or more statistical software packages (SAS and R are preferred)
- Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
- Programming skills (e.g., C++, SQL, Visual Basic, Python) and software or dashboard development experience are strongly preferred
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.