This position reports to the Assistant Treasurer, interacts with other functional areas of Treasury, as well as Starwood’s banks relationships, accounting areas, and accounts payable. The position requires knowledge of banking services, corporate treasury functions; cash management and reporting. Strong organization and time management skills along with the ability to multi-task in a small department setting are critical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily corporate cash and banking activities (electronic balance reporting, receipts and payments, and other treasury services, etc.) Oversee the automated tasks required to ensure the proper functioning and refresh status of the treasury workstation.
- Personally oversee and facilitate daily funds movements same day/next day value of internal funds movements and third party wires. Provide reconciliation and follow-up to ensure expected funds movements are realized before bank deadlines expire. Provide same/intraday cash position and reconcilement, as well as closing/reconciling previous day cash position. Report to management on un-expected and non-reconciling items.
- Ensure compliance with internal wire transfer controls, policies and procedures. Monitor and guide wire transfer request communications to ensure proper support evidencing compliance with treasury’s operational policies is satisfied. This includes insuring that business and treasury approval authorities are satisfied before transactions are initiated.
- Lead treasury’s efforts to automate and secure manual transaction processes. This includes managing the conversion of free form (random) into more secure locked templates as well as migrating legacy bank proprietary system funds movements into the new workstation.
- Migrate and then maintain the ongoing flow of information (transaction confirmations, bank statements, etc.) from the workstation. Leverage existing workstation infrastructure to increase transparency across all global bank relationships.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and fund related money movements.
- Contribute toward the strategy recommendations for ensuring the safety of Starwood’s funds movements and associated counterparties.
- Train and manage involvement of associates participating in wire initiation. Ensure that all worked performed in the operation is accurate, timely and in compliance with treasury policies. Review and manage release of wire transfers.
- Operationally establish and document compliance with policies to insure a high degree of quality and dual control is performed by office.
- Assist other internal and external associates with resolution of issues related to areas of responsibility.
- Determine ideal structures for fund repatriation initiatives and coordinate execution of related cross border fund movements.
- Organize and participate in the execution of transactions associated with foreign exchange hedging policies.
- Analytical: deep attention to detail. Proofing irrevocable wire instructions.
- Organizational: ability to prioritize and complete a regiment of daily tasks often despite addition of ad-hoc projects and last minute requests. Execute investor distributions with little pre-notice.
- Communicative: team player able to adapt and maintain failsafe communications as work conditions fluctuate. Hectic and long work day for thinly staffed department.
- Prior corporate treasury or bank experience in Europe, United States and Asain markets.
- Knowledge of or participation in non-bank proprietary treasury workstation implementation a plus.
- Fluent in English.