*Full-Time telework permitted for this position, but must reside in California*
The Indigent Defense Improvement Division (IDID) is a new division in the Office of the State Public Defender dedicated to supporting and improving indigent defense services across the state. IDID is looking to add an organized, dedicated, and creative team member to help support multiple projects and efforts. This new role will combine administrative duties with significant room to grow.
Under the direction of the Research Director, Staff Services Manager I, (SSM I), the Project Support Analyst is responsible for a variety of assignments relating to supporting the IDID unit. This will include consultative and analytical assignments that require initiative, good judgment, tact, and diplomacy, along with a thorough knowledge of appropriate administrative practices. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to organize and schedule trainings, consultations, and speaker series
- Manage multiple listservs and maintain a website
- Manage the design and distribution of a newsletter related to indigent defense in California
- Attend meetings and trainings on behalf of staff attorneys or supervisors when they are not available
- Coordinate and assist with new projects and efforts
- Be an active member of the IDID team.