View job on Handshake
Sol Systems is seeking an Associate to join our team. The SREC Operations Associate position is a multi-faceted role that combines aspects of operations, quantitative analysis, and asset management. The SREC Operations Associate is responsible for managing Sol Systems’ portfolio of more than 17,000 solar contracts with residential and commercial system owners. Workflow includes managing system registrations across different markets, troubleshooting complex customer issues, and optimizing the delivery of environmental commodities. Associates can also take on additional ad-hoc projects as they become more proficient in their role.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
Sol Systems prides itself on its excellent customer service. The SREC Operations Team manages accounts for a customer base of over 17,000 solar energy system owners across thirteen states. Customers rely on Sol Systems to sell their solar renewable energy credits (SRECs), an important source of revenue from their solar installations. The collaboration of the Operations Team with the Environmental Commodities Management and Risk Team is essential to the success of this business line, which has been profitable since its 2008 inception.
The SREC Operations Associate will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day accounts payable responsibilities, including: leverage quantitative skills to analyze and understand customers’ monthly solar production
- Manage customer retention initiatives
- Work collaboratively with internal IT team to make changes to our proprietary systems to ensure optimal efficiency
- Support the Environmental Commodify Management (trading) team with contract organization and delivery of renewable energy credits and LCFS for long-term contracts
- Engage with regulatory entities from public service commissions, attribute tracking systems, etc. to ensure proper credit of environmental attributes to Sol
- Additional ad-hoc projects will be assigned as needed
The ideal candidate has previous experience in the solar industry, is hard-working, extremely organized, detail and process-oriented, personable, and has the ability to multi-task in order to accomplish assignments in a timely manner. Problem-solving and accuracy will be held in the highest esteem.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 + years of solar asset management, LCFS, RGGI, and Carbon operational experience preferred
- Some familiarity or a strong willingness to learn state renewable portfolio standards and/or SREC markets
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting. A proactive, can-do attitude and lots of enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, PowerBI or similar data visualization a plus
- Ability to adapt to changes in processes as directed from outside state and regulatory authorities
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM software a plus
- A sense of humor and finesse
Location & Hours: This is a full-time role and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Sol Systems provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants that are missing items from this list will not be considered.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other trait. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.