Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Sr Revenue Science Analyst/Revenue Science Advisor- Data Scientist
Job Requisition Number: RC516869
Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Pay Type: Exempt
Plano, Texas 75024
Colorado Residents Only – Compensation: Monthly Salary $7205.67 – $11243.63
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Under minimum supervision, assumes lead roles in medium revenue threshold projects. Key contributor to analyze business problems of up to medium complexity. Generates computer aided quantitative and statistical business analysis by leveraging advanced tools and scientific modeling approaches related to customer analytics, market analysis and forecasting in support of the organization’s global strategies.
- Assists in synthesizing analytical views from various business dimensions in support of business decisions based on business plans, actual or forecast enterprise performance, products, channels, automation types, industry, competition, market and customer segments.
- Determines go-to-market tactics related to specific target customers, markets and products in term of marketing communication and sales calls.
- Typically works in tandem with peers from other groups.
- Independently attends cross-functional meetings and discussions to understand analytical requirements across enterprise business functions.
- Mentors and trains professionals in less senior positions within the team on quantitative data analysis. Provides updates and reports to upper management (typically within the department).
- Master’s Degree in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research.
- Two (2) years work experience in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research, in an analytical, quantitative or technical role.
- Strong human relations, communications and analytical skills.
- More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience considered a plus:
The employee is expected to develop useful and insightful information using rigorous advanced analytical approaches and a variety of data sources using the computer skills (Python Programming, SAS, Unix, SQL, Azure Cloud computing, etc.) in job functions such as:
- Data Engineering: Data extraction/querying: write/modify queries to extract data from internal/external databases in various environments such as mainframe, UNIX, Oracle, Teradata, SAS, Python, Azure tool set; transferring of data between various environments;
- Data wrangling and feature engineering: Data validation and methodology development: evaluate data quality; develop advanced methodologies and optimization approaches perform functions including data cleansing, formatting, merging
- Data processing and analysis: use tools such as Azure or Python or SAS or SQL, perform functions synthesizing, advanced statistical analysis and machine learning (such as linear regression, logistic regression, ANOVA, chi-square, f-test, t-test, principal components, factor analysis etc.), predictive modeling and data mining techniques to fully understand customer behavior and preferences;
- Generating business insight: analyze/research data and get actionable insights with business acumen to explore patterns and trends; detect and identify anomalies, investigate and interpret findings to gain business intelligence and insight;
- Analytic reporting and storytelling: summarize data to produce reports and deliverables that provide actionable insight and recommendations to support key organizational strategies; Database/System design: design and create databases and systems that utilize internal and/or external data, including user interfaces for these databases, to support internal analyses and processes. Document, organize and maintain data files; vii) New/advanced approaches: generate new advanced quantitative, scientific and statistical approaches to business analysis related to customer analysis, market analysis and forecasting in support of the enterprise’s global strategies. Research new data sources and tools to enhance productivity and statistical modeling capabilities.
- This position is currently located in Memphis, Tennessee; however Plano, Texas may also be considered. Ability to work Remote is available for this position Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs.
****Remote – State of Colorado
Monthly Salary: $7,205.67 – $11,243.63
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your remote work location (for remote postings), how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, paid military leave, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401k with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales Incentive compensation for selling roles.
Employee Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401K with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales incentive compensation for selling roles.
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth’s most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 570,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2021
- Forbes “Best Employers for Diversity” – 2021
- LinkedIn “Top 100 Companies” – 2021
- TIME “100 Most Influential Companies” – 2021
- World HRD Congress “Best Gender Equality Workplace” – 2021
- InsiderPro ComputerWorld “Best Places to Work for IT” – 2021
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.