View job on Handshake
Appia Bio is a preclinical stage biotech company founded in 2020 with the mission to bring innovative off-the-shelf cell therapies to cancer patients. Our novel platform can generate a broad array of allogeneic NKT and T cell types, and can be further engineered to address challenges in tumor microenvironments. Our goal is to discover and develop allogeneic cell therapies across a broad array of cancer indications with a scalability that increases access for patients.
Our research programs are rooted in leveraging T cell biology to generate NKT and T cell subtypes from hematopoietic stem cells. The scientific foundation of Appia Bio is underpinned by collaborative research led by Lili Yang (UCLA), David Baltimore (Caltech), and Pin Wang (USC). The management team brings decades of experience in R&D and business in the biotech industry.
Appia Bio is seeking a motivated Sr. Research Associate or Research Associate II to be part of the Process Design team with previous cell culture experience. The individual will be part of a team to enable the development of a groundbreaking allogeneic iNKT platform to treat cancer. They will be working in a highly collaborative environment to develop an innovative process for a manufacturable cell therapy product. This position will support the process design team in evaluating bioreactors and other scale up technologies for manufacturing. The individual will be required to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment. Also, the individual should have good documentation practices and sterile lab techniques.
- Ability to organize and collect data.
- Experience culturing and passaging of adherent or suspension cells with aseptic techniques
- Strict adherence to SOPs and cGMP regulations, the ability to accurately complete batch records.
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a changing environment
- Execute experiments supporting optimization
- Ability to think critically and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Learn new technologies quickly and assist in optimizations.
- Write and review technical documentation from writing technical SOPs, draft manufacturing batch records, technical reports, and summary reports.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MS in Biochemical Chemical Engineering or Biology majors with 0-4years of pharmaceutical manufacturing, technology transfer & process development experience OR
- BS Degree in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering or Biology majors with 2-6years of pharmaceutical manufacturing, technology transfer & process development experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick approaching deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft excel, work, prism, and data analysis
- Self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Understanding of JMP and statistical analysis is a plus
Appia Bio requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. As required by applicable law, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.